When attending inspections, be sure to make a good first impression. Be polite, friendly and enthusiastic and most importantly on time. This will help you stand out and be remembered when our agents are looking through all the applications.
Make sure you have all the correct documents you need for your applications.
- Reference letters – any reference letters you may have had from past landlords and employers. This will establish your employment and rental history and may assure the landlord that you are genuine and trustworthy.
- Pay slips – proof of employment, your previous pay slips and bank statements will demonstrate you are financially able to rent the property.
- Pet references – if you have a pet, it is advised to include a pet reference from your past or current landlord; stating the condition of the property upon vacation and disturbance level from your pet whilst you were living there.
- Photo identification – this, in the form of a driver’s licence or even a passport, confirms you are who you say you are.
- Deposit / rental ledger – this document provides a summary of your payment history for a previous rental property. Created by your previous agent, this document is highly regarded and therefore should be on the top of your priority list.
- Cover letter – you may even wish to include a cover letter with your application form, reinforcing the reasons why your application should be considered by the agency / landlord. This extra effort will demonstrate a type of professionalism which will surely stand out from the crowd.
If you are happy with the property and your application is ready for submission, it is important to be prepared to pay the deposit and a bond should you be successful.
If you have any questions always call our friendly staff on 02 9007 5300.